In order to set up an account with CoServ, we require a Letter of Authorization (LOA) for all new Members establishing commercial, industrial or home builder service.
If you are the legal owner of the company and you do not wish to authorize any additional officers, directors or accounts payable personnel access to your CoServ account, CoServ does not require a Letter of Authorization prior to connection. However, if you would like to authorize anyone else access or authority to make changes on the company's behalf, a LOA is required and it must include:
- LOA must be dated & on the company's letterhead.
- The company's legal entity name as registered with the Secretary of State.
- Mailing address for all statements.
- Accounts Payable contact's name, phone number and email address.
- A list of all officers, including president, vice president, managing member, governing person, etc.
- Sales tax ID or Filing number from the Secretary of State and/or Federal Employee ID number (FEIN).
- If the company is registered out of the State of Texas Secretary of State, a certificate of formation or articles of incorporation are required, as well.
- A list of everyone authorized to conduct business, including the level of authorization for each person (i.e. can set up/disconnect services, make any/all changes on the account(s), full access, etc.)
- Letter must be signed by an officer or director in the company.
To help us expedite your connection process, we've included a sample LOA below. Please copy & paste it onto your letterhead and fill out all required information.
Once completed and signed by an officer or director of the company, please return the LOA to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a certificate of occupancy or release is required based upon the new service address, a customer care specialist will notify you as soon as possible.